Sunday, 25 April 2010

Out of Chaos - Felted Treasures and more

It finally happened.

I finally found the time, figured out the camera, the computer and the internet (to the best of my ability and levels of sanity) ... and have listed my first items on madeit , an aussie site dedicated to the sale of all things handmade.

My workroom is a never ending story. In order to finish this or make that I purchase this and purchase that and I think in fact, I may have added to my stash!


Firstly, I gathered my baby wraps and photographed them.
I love to make these. They are labour intensive, but so soft and snug and lightweight.






Then, a visit to Patchwork Dreaming, Mudgeeraba left me inspired to finished my needlecases. First on my list was a needlecase I began some time ago. I had washed, carded and felted some Alpaca fleece which I bought from a farm in Binna Burra and had felted a rectangle with trimmings to represent a garden. So I gathered all my embroidery threads and beads and went to work. The finished product...


Next on the list - to photograph my cards - and to complete a pile of embroidered panels of felt, not yet attached to their cards. Now finished!



Then there are my leather bound journals... My mother has been the inspiration behind these ... we began with a family day, each making one for our own use (boys too), but they are sooo yummy I had to make more.. They're all handstitched and bound - this one has black card pages - suitable for a photo journal.


And to add confusion to chaos a wonderful neighbour has introduced me to a creative fibre group ...

                    ..and now, I'm engrossed in felting a bust of Medusa.



She's a work in progress as you can see...
 

The most difficult thing to do is

TO STAY FOCUSED....





                                                    

3 comments:

Karen said...

Congratulations on listing your first items. I've only just found out about the madeit site.
Your work is gorgeous and wow that bust is going to be amazing xoxo
cheers karen xoxoxo

Plastusia said...

Medusa is wonderful!

Joyce said...

Simply LOVE the Medusa! Fabulous work!