Friday 12 April 2013

The old and the new ...

I made this needle case years and years ago adding synthetic fabric flower petals
to each nuno felted page. It survives today in spite of being attacked by scissors
in the hands of my young son (along with his doonah, pillowcase and a pair of his shorts)
- I should have known better - instead of blessing the rare silence,
I should have been afraid of it and asked myself what he was up to ...   
 I like to make needle cases and pin cushions
Last night I felted the cover of this one to add to my collection.


3 comments:

Ellie Foster said...

Dear Aussie Felter
I think your new cover is lovely - and echoes your header beautifully. You could try the edging and see if it works. It is difficult to tell without seeing the edging with it.
Good luck with the tricky decision making!
Best wishes
Ellie

crazydazy said...

these needle cases are a great idea.....I must make a few for gifts....thanks for the inspiration, ali

Claire said...

Love your work, another cute little needle case.
Love the variety of ideas you come up with.....

CLaire :}